BREXIT: LEARNING TOGETHER TO EXPORT TO THE UKCorsivia
With the long transitional period, which was used to establish the terms of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union, now over, the relationship between the two is based on a trade and cooperation agreement.
From 1st January 2021 at 00.00 hours, trade with the United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland), is treated as exports and imports.
IMPLICATIONS OF BREXIT FOR IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
The implications for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom as a result of this new situation are listed below:
- Shipments and receipt of goods to and from the United Kingdom will have to be formalised in customs declarations.
- In order to file declarations, it is necessary to have an EORI number registered in a member state of the European Union. In the case of Spain, this can be obtained through the electronic office of the tax agency
- Declarations can be filed by traders themselves or a customs representative can be used.
- Northern Ireland, although part of the customs territory of the United Kingdom, will continue to apply EU regulations to customs, VAT and Excise Duties, among others.
BREXIT DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
As stated above, on 1st of January 2021 customs clearance will be a definitive requirement of all export and import movements between the UK and Europe.
It is therefore extremely important not to forget any of these points in our movement of goods:
- Please verify that your company has a valid EORI no. as this is a requirement for customs clearance. If you don’t have it yet, please get it through your local government website (it’s free). https://www.gov.uk/eori
- With regard toAbout the documents, Corsivia will provide you with the correct documents in each shipment.
- Invoice and Packing List containing the following information:
- Full name and address, including VAT number
- Full name, address and VAT number of the importer.
- Contact details of importers, including name, telephone and email addresses
- Description and value of the merchandise
- Commodity codes
- Gross and net weightspesos – VGM
- Packaging details
- Country of origin
- EORI number
CORSIVIA AND THE BREXIT
The transport agencies Corsivia works with are AEO certified companies certified to deal with your clearances and have agency connections with a wealth of knowledge onwith customs clearance at all ports throughout the UK.
Until the situation becomes normal, we should expectthink deliveries towill take around four weeks instead of two.
In the meantime, we hope that this checklist will help you as much as it has helped us to avoid any problems with your shipments.
Do you have any other questions about Brexit? Comment on this post. We will be happy to help you.